1856
1-
\'Calcutta Girls’ School\' was established under the patronage of Lord Canning. It was greatly supported by the various evangelical denominations of the city .
1877
2-
The administration of the school was handed over to Bishop James M . Thoburn.
1878
3-
Miss M.E. Layton was sent by the Women’s Foreign Missionary Society of Methodist Episcopal Church. She greatly improved the academic standard and discipline of the school .
1885
4-
Miss M.C Hedrick was appointed to assist Miss M.E. Layton.
1890
5-
Miss Emma Knowles took charge.
1892
6-
The Kindergarten Department and Vocal & Instrumental music were introduced.
1899
7-
Drill Classes were started by the Principal Miss Widdifield. Calcutta Girls\' School earned the reputation of being the only school to send girls to high school, who later on passed in First Division in the Board Examinations.